Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Same Boring Routine

( This is a humor short story- I have made it for fun and this piece came floating in my mind - hope you enjoy :) )


A gentle breeze tickled my soft cheeks; the warm sun burned my closed
Brown eyes, commanding me to be as alert as the yellow bright globe.
Finally I give in to the new day.
I kick off the cozy covers, half asleep fluttering my eyes open for
A blur of a new day.
I sigh and though sarcastically—‘let’s get this day started.’
Springing up out of my laziness, I know if I stayed under the covers,
I would sleep the whole day, but I would not allow that.
I make my way to the kitchen, open the fridge and grabbed my original caffeine boost.
I smile when I see the bright green fluid. I opened it and chug this delicious mountain dew. I run my fingers through my brown hair and put the mountain dew into the fridge. Sighing to myself, looking at the unfilled job applications at the computer desk. Making my way to the desk in the living room, rolling my eyes- I plop down on my spiny chair, I begin to grunt and turn on my computer searching for the last applications I have filled out.
Blowing loose strands of my hair from my face, ‘let’s get this show on the road.’ I begin to get lost in my morning affairs. Ignoring the clock as my day sinks into my routines. Hoping I can find a job.
When the sun disappears into the clouds- I stretch and look at the red luminous light that says ‘6:00pm’. I turn off my computer and head to my room, very stoked to see my unmade bed.
I get under my covers and wait for the sun’s wakeup call.
Because the next day will be the same boring routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment